1.18.2010

On this day last year... 1/18/09


See this image larger here

I passed by this old abandoned factory a few times. It is right on Halsted at South 130th St.
I didn't really feel comfortable going in the factory by myself so I cruised around back and found
these other little buildings which seemed to be part of the factory but, about a hundred yards away.





It seems like it used to be a a tire factory.....perhaps.
This was another building that seemed to be attached, but it looked like it hadn't been used in a very long time. I came across a calander on the ground that was from 1957. Then I noticed there was a stack of order forms hanging on the wall. The date read 5-1-1963.
Suburban Materials Co-op., Inc. Producer of Ready Mix Sand, Stone, Gravel, and Cement.

No comments:

Post a Comment